India on course to top the pops
1. What is the expected increase in Africa's population by 2050?
2. If India's population increased by 343 000 in one week how
much will it have increased by in one year?
3. Which country/countries will experience the greatest decrease
in population? What is this decrease? What factors could be contributing
to the decrease?
4. Using the area of India (in square kilometres) and its expected
population in 2050, calculate how many people occupy one square
kilometre of land. Now see if you can work out how many people
would be living in an area similar to that of our classroom?
5. Do some research to find out how figures such as those described
in the article are obtained.
(Written by Simone Grey, BTeach student, University of Tasmania,
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News