Tourism spreads wings on Impulse
- List as many different usages for numbers as you can find
in this article.
- If the capacity of an Impulse flight were 160, how many passengers
would be on board if the flight were 75% full?
- If QANTAS were charging $225 return to Melbourne, how much
would I save if I travelled Impulse with their cheapest flight
- Remembering that the capacity of an Impulse plane is 160,
and travelling time from Melbourne to Tasmania is 1 hour and
10 minutes, if there were 1570 passengers waiting in Melbourne
to travel to Tasmania and there was only 1 plane, how many times
would it need to fly to Tasmania and how long would it take for
that task to be completed?
- Based on the information in the article, what impact do you
think this will have on
tourism in Tasmania?
- Using the information in this article construct a question
to give to a classmate.
(Written by Purdie Hudson, BTeach student, University of Tasmania,
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News