All downhill from chubby children
- Explain what "2.6 times more likely" means.
- How many hours of TV a day do you watch? Survey 10 people
in your class and plot the results on a graph.
- Record on a timetable the things you do on an ordinary school
day and how long they take.
- If you watched 4 hours (or more) of TV a day, how much time
would be left for exercise or playing with friends?
- On a graph, show how you could best display and interpret
the information about smoking and wrinkly skin.
(Written by Julia Lovatt, BTeach student, University of Tasmania,
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Data
- Numeracy in the News