First step in tree-top walk
- List the different ways numbers have been used in this article.
- Discuss the different ways that size has been described in
- List words that describe time.
- List words and numbers that describe distance.
- What is canopy height?
- Write the following measurements in centimetres:
- How far is Tahune State Forest from Hobart?
- Estimate how far in distance the tower pieces will travel
from Launceston to Tahune State Forest.
- What are your views about a man-made construction such as
the tree-top walk in a State Forest?
- Who do you think will benefit from this tree-top walk?
- Measure 7m, 32m, and 570m in relation to your playground
or school oval.
- Estimate at about what distance the towers (12) would be
distributed along the 570m construction.
- Look up the website http://www.forestrytas.com.au/
for further information on the Tahune Project.
(Written by Jillian Wishart, BTeach student, University of
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News