Holidays at home appeal
Primary school focus
- If 1/3 of Tasmanians holiday at home, where do you think
the rest of Tasmanians holiday?
- 1/4 of Tasmanians chose Queensland as their holiday destination.
Do you think they actually travel there? Can you tell from the
- 2000 people were surveyed nationally, how many Tasmanians
were surveyed? Were there sufficient numbers to get accurate
- If 39% of Tasmanians would most like to holiday in Western
Australia, 23% in the Northern Territory and 15% in South Australia,
what percentage of Tasmanians preferred the remaining states?
- Considering Tasmania, Queensland, the ACT, NSW and Victoria
are not represented, do you believe the results of this survey
are correct? Why/why not?
- What other ways are there to write the numbers represented
in this article?
- Survey your own class. Do the results in your survey vary
from those in this article?
- Write a newspaper report showing the findings from your own
(Written by Julia Hodgkinson, BTeach student, University of
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Data
Collection and Sampling
- Numeracy in the News