Runners carry baton 661km for charity
- How many different units of measurement are used in the article?
- How many laps of the school would you have to do to run 661
- Without running 661 km yourself, work out how long it would
take you to run that far. How did you work it out? How many other
ways could you work it out?
- If you wanted to organise a fun run to raise money for your
school, what would your "target" be? What factors would
you have to think about in deciding on a realistic target?
- Make up three questions for your classmates to solve involving
sponsors per kilometre, dollars earned per kilometre, kilometres
per hour, dollars earned per hour, or dollars earned per year.
(Written by Andrea Porte, BTeach student, University of Tasmania,
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News