Rain causes havoc on roads
- List as many ways as you can that numbers have been used
in the article. Write two of them in another way.
- List as many words as you can that relate to time.
- List words or phrases that suggest something about estimation,
comparison or prediction.
- List words that you don't know the meanings of.
- Using the numbers in the article how many sensible calculations
can you invent using two numbers, three numbers. four numbers
or more without using the same number twice?
- Using the numbers in the article, think up three number sentences.
- Why would an article like this appear in the paper at this
time of year? What does it tell you?
(Written by Jillian Wishart, BTeach student, University of
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News