Forget apples, now we're the potentates of
- What kind of image does this article give you of Tasmanians?
Draw this image.
- Does this image resemble the majority of Tasmanians you know?
- If you wanted to find out whether or not the sample was representative
of the Tasmanian population, what kind of questions would you
ask the surveyor?
- What kind of information about the survey results would you
need to know if you were going to make health recommendations
to the Tasmanian public?
- Using at least one statistic, develop a campaign to encourage
healthier eating habits among Tasmanians.
(Written by Jacki Clark, BTeach student, University of Tasmania,
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Data
Collection and Sampling
- Numeracy in the News