Rising car thefts hits battlers
- How is the claim of "about 350 cars stolen a day"
achieved from data in the rest of the article?
- How many times more cars were stolen in 1995-96 compared
- What was the percentage increase in cars stolen over the
20 year period?
- Assuming that the Tasmanian population is 500,000 work out
the number of car thefts for 100,000 people in 1995-96.
- Construct three other questions based on the information
in this article to give to your classmates [work out the answers
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Number
- Numeracy in the News