Australians quit the kitchen to dine out
- What percentage of the average household spending on transport
is spent on petrol?
- What percentage of the average weekly food budget is spent
on bakery products and cereals?
- Draw a pie chart to show the average distribution of expenditure
related to transport each week.
- Repeat Question 3 for recreation.
- Compare this article with the article Where
the money goes which was published the same day in a different
newspaper. Which graphical representation is the most effective?
Which tells the more complete story? Which do you like best?
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Data
- Numeracy in the News