Patches give cold turkey the bird
- Study the graph with this article and write a paragraph describing
how it might be improved.
- Draw a similar graph but one which represents the percentages
accurately. How difficult is this task?
- What do the percentages in the graph add up to? How do you
explain that this value does not equal 100%?
- How many smokers quit in NSW?
- What do the percentages of quitters in each state add up
to? How do you explain that this value does not equal 100%?
- Draw a graph to show the relative success of the six states
in quitting smoking. Which is the most surprising state given
their relative populations?
Where to next?
Index - Related
Index - Data
- Numeracy in the News